Sunday, March 7, 2010

WMSE Chili Party

So the nice lady and I Decide to go to a chili cookoff today. There was a lot of really good chili. There was also a lot of shitty chili. The white and green ones stand out. The shitty ones were more of the normal red meat and bean versions. I wont bore you with those details.

Here is what stuck in my head about the whole event.

We saw a girl who looked normal. Except for two things. First, she had some of those really big garish sunglasses on her face...The event was indoors. No worries, this is the style these days. Though I think it's stupid, I get it. Second, she had a dog in her purse.

The first thing I said to the nice lady, not the dog girl, was that this is Milwaukee. This is not Southern California or New York. Or even Chicago. The second thing that I said was that I thought this fad ran out around 5 years ago.

Now look, these rat dogs were bred to go after small rodents who were trying to make there home outside the house. If you want a cat, perfect for getting said rodents on the inside, buy a cat. But dogs like this were not meant to be stuffed into purses and carried around like a trophy. If this girl had an issue with an infestation in her Gucci bag, I'm am sure that this dog would have handled it readily. And if that is the case, why buy a $400 bag infested with rodents?

This alone made me want to, if socially acceptable, go up to her and slap the lame-ass sunglasses off her face and let her know what kind of an idiot she was.

The worse part was...The bag was around her left shoulder. This lady happened to use her left hand to do things. Like buy beer, and chili. The whole time she was doing this, she was hitting the dog in the face with her elbow. That, coupled with the dog in the bag in the first place, seems like some sort of cruelty to me.

As soon as she saw this, the nice lady-not the dog lady, also wanted to go up to this person and slap the horrid sunglasses off of her face. And she cant even watch a violent movie, let alone think about doing it in person.

Here's the deal. If you want to wear your affliction/edhardy t-shirts and go to Decibal to be seen, that's fine with me. I get that it is your scene and though I will make fun of you for it, at least you can own it. At least you know what you are, and don't make excuses for it. But to have a dog in a purse and sunglasses on, inside, is acting like someone you surely are not. I dont even think Paris Hilton does that anymore, and she is the top of the line poster model for that lifestyle. I highly doubt that a girl in Milwaukee is getting paid to be an asshole.

No comments: