Monday, March 15, 2010

Know It, Love It

So it looks like Gallardo wants (2 links) the ball opening day, officially marking him the best pitcher on the staff. Brewers Guy then goes on to say that Randy Wolf and Doug Davis will follow. Call me nuts, but 2 lefties in a row is kind of crazy. Kind of unorthodox. Kind of dumb. Yes...I may make some people mad with this idea...But the two lefties thrown out there are kind of redundant don't you think? Except for the fact that Wolf has a history of injury, WHIP and ERA+ are basically equal. Both are average. Yes I am cherry picking.

Make no mistake...And call me a pessimist(I call it being a realist) all you want...Offense wins in the regular season, but pitching wins in the second season.

They
will contend for the division, and I hope they win it. But rebuilding a starting staff around one injury prone question mark and another average pitcher, both lefties, does not a playoff team make.

I hope I am wrong.

No comments: