Friday, March 26, 2010

Too Bad

There is this too. Good luck driving north...And too bad that there isn't anything up there.

My take? If the current gov., and Gov. of the state now did not rob the transportation fund in every year that he was in office, and the needed construction was done at the time of necessity, this would not clog up the busiest freeway interchange in the state.

Here is a PDF of a statement from the mayor at the time. 2005. Thought I bet his intentions were really good and his knowledge of the situation were equal, here is the money quote.

"Unlike the Marquette Interchange, the Zoo Interchange will stand long enough for us to resolve these issues."

Yes, I don't travel north via that interchange all that often, why would I want to commune with those northern people? But the shipping industry, by truck that is, will be seriously impeded. So that means my job will become more difficult.

And that makes me angry.

1 comment:

Chopper said...

Milwaukee will never grow into a legitimate "big city" until it un-f**ks its freeways and gets real public transportation. (the $2.50 city bus that comes every 30-40 minutes, doesn't count)