Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Comments

So Brewers guy had this to say after today's spring game. No offense, but I already alluded to the abundance of lefty's in camp.

There is a strong possibility that I am an idiot.

But the fact remains that there are already going to be two, possibly three, left handers in the rotation. No question. If I am wrong, I owe each and every one(all 3) of you readers a dollar. Or beer.

But this comment, after 30 seconds of reading the post, stood out.

"I cant believe I am saying this... but if the end of last season and ST are any indication, Narveson needs to be in the starting rotation."

Really? You want this to happen? Sometimes, it is very difficult to think about what you are saying...and I get that. But a career minor league pitcher in a rotation already full of lefty's who seem to be suspect at best?

Maybe I will remember to do this more often. Comment people at the daily always come up with fodder for ridicule.

Also, do I sound negative? When my focal point is the rotation/pitching, I choose to look at the situation with a realist point of view. As noted in the link above, I don't believe that the staff that has been put together is ready to win a division. The starters are, aside from Gallardo, a collection of players who had a couple of decent years in a mixed bag of injuries and crappy records.

But, and this is a big but, the bullpen should be sound.

1 comment:

Chopper said...

The rotation is horrible. You can spin it anyway you want. Experienced, healthy pitching wins games. Old pitchers, hurt pitchers, headcases, shitty pitchers don't win games.