Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You Science People are All Lame

So I read this article today. I am going to tell you that it does not work. Tried it, failed. Someday I will tell you about the things I do every day to keep me sane. But this is no reflection on the rest of the things that I do day to day. I'll refute that that shit. In fact, Ill do it right now...

Connect
Developing relationships with family, friends, colleagues and neighbours will enrich your life and bring you support

Really, I do think my parents are important, and there are maybe 10 people that I would actually wish well. But all in all, I dont care to know what other people think, and I dont want to hear their ideas or beliefs. Unless they can prove me wrong.

Be active Sports, hobbies such as gardening or dancing, or just a daily stroll will make you feel good and maintain mobility and fitness

I sort of agree, if weekly kickball and boring ass bike rides count. But otherwise, some people just dont like dancing.

Be curious Noting the beauty of everyday moments as well as the unusual and reflecting on them helps you to appreciate what matters to you

There is no way I am becoming that dude from American Beauty. "That plastic bag gets me all choked up." Eat a dick clown.

Learn Fixing a bike, learning an instrument, cooking – the challenge and satisfaction brings fun and confidence

Well...I kind of agree. I learn everyday that people, like it or not, are more capable of lame ass bullshit than anyone would ever think. Those people should see number 1 for advice.

Give Helping friends and strangers links your happiness to a wider community and is very rewarding

This one is OK. I send money to people every year, and sometimes every month. But I also give in other ways. If judging you is the one thing I do well, I am only helping you out right?

So I half agree with 3 of 5, but in a way that makes their points mute. I guess if they recommend these things, they should think about who they are dealing with first. There will be none of this hand holding "we dont like landfill" bullshit here. I would bet that 65% of the populace is angry with this drivel that you put into the Internets, but those of us that actually read things may find your experiments boring and mostly unfounded, and a waste of time.
This is no reflection on my pure unadulterated love of the Internets, just what some people think others should read. New, controversial, or something to further the advance of knowledge in people. Not crap to placate lonely housewives, or househusbands, with things they should already know.

3 comments:

Linkydinks said...

my new favorite saying is 'eat a dick clown'. i'm working that into work as often as possible.

Chopper said...

My five ways to stay sane:
* Make someone at work who is below you do "Charlie work."

* Have six shots of whiskey at lunch.

* Yell at someone for no reason. (Or yell at someone for something someone else did).

*Be lazy; when you get home just lie around until you are too tired to turn the channel and then just roll over and go to sleep.

*Steal from someone less fortunate than you are.

Muntaba Lambego said...

Have you been spying on me? You just described my average weekday. On the weekends I skip the first two because i don't go to work and have the whiskey for brunch instead.