Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Theme Music is Good

This one goes out to all you parrot heads out there.

So I have been watching a lot of the
House lately. Mostly because USA is nice enough to play it a lot, like Law and Order. Tonight, they have on the ones where he is slowly getting in trouble with the law. The cop is going at him because he is on pills and House is on drugs while treating people. Other than the fact that the doc is good, the cop is right. But I choose to look at it like this...Brett Favre won a superbowl on pain killers, Chopper kills hookers under the influence of sadness, Muntaba writes well because of anger, and I passed college because I was drunk and stoned for the last 5 years of school. Anyway, I think the cop is just angry. Angry because the doc put a thermometer in his ass, and angry at the fact that the doc is a better doc than the cop is good at being a cop.

This brings me to my point. As my 3, I mean 4, readers know I have been given a promotion. Funny thing is that my former boss and mentor has also been given one. But that doesnt matter. The point of the first paragraph is this. The promotion I got was for a new national acount. They are Canadian. They think that because for the past how many years they were getting screwed out of money, they can jerk me around because we are paying them more. On Friday, these people told me something. Sometheing that made everyone in my office tell that nice lady, my former boss, to take me outside to smoke. This thing that these people said to me is the most important thing in my industry is not important. They seem to think that they are better at my job than I am. Suffice to say that I have only done it for 4 years, I think I am damn good at it, but they are better than me. They seem to think that they can dictate how things work.

I love my job, and unless the New York Yankees need a new GM, I wouldnt trade it. But the point is be careful of what you wish for. Beacause come monday, It may not be alright.

Then there is this.

4 comments:

Linkydinks said...

ok, i know what you do for a living but i couldn't figure out what they said to you...
side note - tuesday's House should be hot. i never watch it but i will be tomorrow. all i know is thirteen is getting lucky.

Chopper said...

This post is vague, angry yes, but a bit vague. I do love it when you hear about what someone thinks about you from someone else, instead of from the source. Welcome to my job on a daily basis.

Anonymous said...

there are those of us who did kill brain cells over the weekend. could you dumb it down for us?

Muntaba Lambego said...

How many times do I have to tell you 8 rods to the hogshead not 9