Thursday, April 10, 2008

More Notes from the Road

To me, there is nothing sadder than a person drinking a double Makers on the rocks in a half empty bar. No, this is not me. American whiskey is not fit for animal consumption. This is the reason that I did not go into the hotel bar this evening. The dude freaked me out...However, I had 3 glasses of Chianti with my dinner and a blind Russian for dessert. Yes...I have taken full advantage of the free food and booze. Here are some things that I saw today that made me laugh.

Aside from the nut bar at the bar, early evening travelers have some odd habits. For example, instead of dinner, they eat appetizers. Not only by themselves, which I understand, but with a group of 4 people, there were 4 appetizers. And they were not drinking. My impressions of the business world have changed.

I have never seen anyone use a newspaper as an umbrella. Due to the rain this morning and afternoon, I have seen 3. Dont you think that because a newspaper is made of paper, certain issues could arise? Sorry about your freshly gelled hair dude, but it is pouring rain.

After two days here, I think that this hotel room is bigger than the kitchen and living room of my apartment. Not to mention the bed is much better than the cardboard and towels that I sleep on. There are like 8 pillows on it. Much better than my special lady friend Mrs. Jameson.

On the same note...This room has a flat screen TV. I dont have to tell you that a cardboard box with a coat hanger in the top is no comparison.

Well there you go. Edgrimly's first business trip. Since I have 5 hours of driving, than another 3 back to my ever so tiny apt, I am going to finish the mini bar and trash this room like these guys used to.

3 comments:

Muntaba Lambego said...

Don't forget to take home the mini soaps and shampoos. I like to throw the unused ones in my bags every day to be sure I get a complete re-stock from the hotel every day.

Chopper said...

What are you going home to again?

Anonymous said...

Wait, bourbon is the king of american liquor!