Thursday, April 3, 2008

I Was Going to Wait...

I was going to give the Neddy Bear about 2 weeks of regular season ball before I started to get angry, which was bound to happen anyway.

That being said, let me ask you a question...This guy is in the starting 5 because?

I am willing to give Gagne a chance. There were a number of "factors" that could have damaged his delicate sensibilities and caused him to detonate. But Bushy just went out there and continued his amazing parade of veteran leadership and grit. Take a look at the 4th inning. In the words of Kevin Costner, "...not a dying quail..." in the whole inning. Thats right, he managed to allow a run to score with nary a hit from the pretentious assholes 90 miles south. But I digress.

My problem is not with the game management of the Neddy Bear. My problem was his decision to insert Bush in the starting rotation. Granted, most of the pitching depth was lost. What with Cappuano getting surgery again or Vargas getting canned. Not to say that I was a particular fan of those guys. But with Gallardo on the DL for a couple weeks, retroactive that is, it would be nice to have one of them in the pen. Or flat out starting instead of Bush.

Late 3rd or 4th in the better part of his outings last year, there were similar results. 1st inning...cool. 2nd...cool. 3rd or 4th...makings of a meltdown. 4th or 5th...I want to leave so I can have a drink. And how did it go today? Well, he did have the aforementioned inning(s). Sure, he led the team in K's last year, and "won" over 10 games. But how many times did we see this same deal play out in ought 7? But we like his veteran leadership and his battlerocity.

So anyway...I was going to wait to let anger fly at the Neddy Bear. But the fact that we had "deja vu all over again" makes me really perturbed.

So now Bushy, Villanueva, and Parra are fighting to stay in the rotation until Gallardo comes back. How much will Bushys veteranisation play into effect in that decision?

1 comment:

Chopper said...

Stop bashing my fantasy player man.
Seriously, Bush should be our long reliever. He should have been that the last 3 years as well. Vargas should be our 5 pitcher. Oh well. Hopefully when Gallardo returns they put Bush in pen instead of sending Villaneuva down.