Thursday, December 6, 2007

They May Be Dead...

Although the NBA is dead to some people I know, I have to point out the thing that makes me angry about this article. Apparently, the current coach of the Marquette HS basketball team...I mean Milwaukee Bucks, said this...

“Starting is almost genetic," said Krystkowiak. "I think it’s in guys’ heads. They’ve been talking about it since pee-wee league or whatever that you have to start. That’s always a goal. But I think in this league, you see a lot of guys - you see a (Manu) Ginobili - you see planty of teams that have a real smart sixth man coming off the bench. And that’s what I’m thinking with Charlie (Villanueva) and Bobby (Simmons)."

How many guys who have started consistently in the last 10 years deserve that spot...cough...Tim Duncan... So if it is so overrated, why is it that Bobby Simmons has more points per game, and more rebounds per game than "the cowboy?" Maybe it is because in basketball as much as in baseball, you have to ride out the guy who is playing the best? Accepting the small sample size as well as basketball being a shell of its former self, why do coaches not get that? Now, for those of you nit- pickers, I am not advocating leaving in Turnblow when there are 2 runners on...simply to say that you can tell when a guy is on a streak and when he is off of it.

1 comment:

Chopper said...

The NBA? You Mean the National Bonavide A**-holes.
If you don't start just pull a "Stephon Marbury" and blackmail your coach and say if you don't start you have "some shit" on your coach you will make public. Classy.