Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Virtual Bags of Mail

If I were to have an online "mailbag" about something that I am supposed to know about, say the merits of Mill's utilitarianism over Kant's catagorical imperative, I think that I would not be an asshole. With virtually hundreds of "mailed in" questions, you would think that the selection of things to answer would mix it up and not choose the same question twice. Not so for the Neddy-Bear water-carriers at the local paper.

A: Brewers Mailbag - Addressed and answered.

What is that? Why waste valuable "space" with this? Why not find a different question in the "bag" to answer? There has to be a better one than one that was already answered. Also, the level of snarkiness in the answers is pretty lame. What happens if the question actually comes from a 5 year old kid who has his dad "send" it in?

A: Brewers Mailbag - If you read my Sunday baseball notes, you know that the Brewers are considering keeping that entire group together at Huntsville.

So sorry Mr. Baseball Guru...I suppose giving actual baseball-related answers to these questions is not your job...I will try to stay more informed from here on out...I have wasted your time and I am truly sorry.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally agree. Ive been reading the mailbag pretty regularly and had the same thoughts after perusing yesterday's edition. The section seems to be a forum for Hardicourt & his new lapdog Witrado to unleash their pent-up frustrations at being fourth rate writers for a third rate paper on the very readers they depend on to buy newspapers and in turn keep them employed. Those two incompetent hacks are stealing paychecks. Im so done reading their condescending drivel.