Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Note on a Scandal

I received an email from a buddy of mine who recently fled the midwest for the valley of the sun. Only to find out that he missed sub -20 temps and snow cows.

Hey [name redacted] edgrimly ive been reading your blog and you havent mentioned A-rod yet! WTF dude... i just got done watchn his press conference and im prettyn sickend! he was the first of the golden-players.... the guys that would break the records of the juicers!... anyways he is sooo full of BS..... he told this nice little story about him and his cousin juicing up for "only 30" days. how touching.... it was a family event man! dude i have more respect for recreational drug use because..."man, i just wanted to get high" ... versus...."i wanted a advantage on others that...just maybe...were betterthan me! BS! ....he was the best there was at the time who was close to him in 01,02,03? no one.... sorry you have to read this but im stewing! (too much coffe i bet)...

To which I responded...

Think about it like this. You can bet that most players with exploding numbers in the early 2000's were taking something, whether it was banned or not. Based on this, I cant really blame the guy. He was a product of his environment, and enforces the fact that most people in those 3-4 years were "enhancing their perfomance." For example, in college, I sucked at FPS games. Until I got lit like a Christmas tree. Than I would rip people's faces off, in the game I mean. Sure it sucks that the dude was on a non-banned substance at the time, and sure it sucks that he was to be the best that ever was. I was a big fan, even bigger when he went to the Bronx. But even Bonds still has supporters, and you can bet that he will go into that hall, not necessarily on the first ballot. So will A Rod. Thats why edgrimly's favorite ball player ever is Craig Biggio. You know that dude was only powered by bitches and liquor.
Next time buddy, I expect more profanity.

8 comments:

Chopper said...

Wow, now you're sharing your personal e-mails from your boyfriend on the blog, you should get a twitter account.

Note: I have no idea what that is, but heard it is like a personalized e-mail that everyone reads once you publish it.

edgrimly said...

Doesnt it present an opportunity to voice my opinion on the subject? Does it not ask questions that I have yet to really answer to? There are no names, and no way to send it back to the original sender, and since no personal information is given, how is that a bad thing? This dude was pissed, made a good point, and I felt the need to respond. Isnt that how things should work?

Muntaba Lambego said...

I like juice

Chopper said...

Ed- I agree that is what a blog is for, I just wanted to plug Twitter. I just bought some stock in it and am trying to get more people on it. I really don't know what it is except that a bunch of idiot celebrities are on it and they make posts like "Hung out with Jen- lamo." "Learned that I am being considered for a part in High School Musical 4- the College Years."

Muntaba Lambego said...

tweets, not posts. learn your nomenclature!

Linkydinks said...

lukeskywalker and darthvader have twitter accounts. so does r2d2. the tin can's updates are funny, unless you understand it. then it's sad.

just saying...

edgrimly said...

Thats a lot of comments. If this is heaven, I hope my toaster works.

Chopper said...

I was hoping your boy Chr** V**d, who I am guessing the e-mail was from, would have the cans to comment on a post dedicated to him. I am sure he is tweeting about it.

Note by tweeting I don't mean on his tweeter account, I mean having a wet dream about it.