Friday, April 17, 2009

Twice in One Day

So I had a brush with mans greatest tool twice in one day. First, as I am walking to my car in the morning, I noticed a dumpster fire. So I do the good and call the authorities. They show up after nervous employees in the restaurant where the fire was muttered their various "oh shits." The fire dept came, and put the fire out, but blocked me into my parking lot, making me about a half hour late to work.

Karma went my way around noon today however, when all of the loose scrap paper in the plant behind my office lit up. The alarms went off, and like normal red blooded Americans, we lolly-gagged out the door. The alarm goes off often enough that this is completely acceptable. As we all sauntered out the door, it really did smell like fire. Than we noticed the smoke billowing from one of the dock doors. If you have never seen this, it is really bad ass. To see the charred remains of a bunch of cardboard hauled off to landfill is pretty cool too. Needless to say, I got about an hour and a half off in the middle of the day.

Have you had a brush with death twice in one day during your lazy ass time off buddy?

2 comments:

Chopper said...

Every day I wake I have a brush with death. Technically it is everyone else who has a brush with death because I woke up in the morning.

Anonymous said...

This isn't the first day you've had 2 brushes with a man's tool.