Friday, July 4, 2008

Glass Half Full of Jake

So I ventured to the world's largest outdoor music festival this evening. Some people like it, some dont. I like drinking outside and not worrying about where I toss my grit. Anyway, The show was good. They played a good mix of tunes, 50% I know and 50% I dont. No worries though, as they played the opening number on Losing Streak, which is by far the best. An interesting thing...People were skanking. I havent seen that since I was young and stupid. There was also a good mix of people my age, as well as the teenie-boppers. I think that they were in 5th or 6th grade when this type of music made a brief but eventful emergence to the top of what ever was cool at the time. But they stil knew all of the words, and they were dancing which makes me think that punk is not dead, just sleeping.

No comments: