Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Peanut Butter Jelly Time

So, the golden god of the frozen tundra has made it to yet another pro-bowl. Look, its not that I dislike the guy. He is more than likely one of the top three QBs of all time. And it pains me to keep harping on it. But I have no choice, since pitchers and catchers dont report for like two months. Look at some numbers.

As an aside, since the national media votes for this useless and unwatched game, obviously the one that they have been rubbing off behind our collective backs for years is going to win.


Who would you choose? Only based on 2008 mind you.

A B

C D

Numbers alone folks. And since you bother reading this drivel, you know the answer.

Here is the point. Do numbers matter anymore? If they did, B would be the easy choice. Look at it people. More TDs, less INTs(and I should leave it at that), more yards, and a better rating. Digression, I will never understand QB rating. But lo and behold, arguably the worse of the three, gets the W. Granted, no one cares about the pro-bowl, but can these guys even look at it? Statistics? They are the measure of how things happen right? Who made things happen better? I can think of one NFC QB who did...But we are talking AFC here.

Look, the guy started more games than anyone ever. He holds basically every record in the book. He just plays for another team. I dont hate him for leaving. Really, I dont hate anyone. And both sides of the equation were assholes in the end. I get it. I really do. For fucks sake this guy made me watch football again!! But do we, as fans of Sconi' sports in general really have to accept this? These people who voted for this seem like they dont even pay attention, as its not like the God of the Frozen Tundra is going to go to the game anyway. How many has he missed? Dont know, and am to lazy to look it up. But it is a couple, and those were his golden years.

Anyway, back to the point. I am a fan of Noodles. He is great, and in my mind the greatest. But if this is about performance on the field, he is the loser this time around. Numbers do not lie people. In three years, if he actually retires, this will be an afterthought. And in 8 years when he in in the pantheon of great QBs, it will be even more so. But why now? Sooner or later, the hacks that write columns for pro sports will need to pay attention to fact. That fact lies in numbers, not the winks that so and so gets in the press conference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean you don't hate anyone? I thought you hated hippies? And Michael Moore too? And Al Gore?